Technical Selection - Leak Test Device LT-D
3.3. Leak Test Device LT-D
In order to guarantee the performance of components and systems in nuclear facilities, laboratories etc. during operation Krantz manufactures a portable leak testing device.
- The leakage air flow is determined following the constant pressure method, which means the housing or the test groove of the seal resp. is filled with air until the predetermined test pressure is reached. The feed in air flow which is necessary to keep the test pressure constant is equivalent to the leakage air flow.
Two measuring ranges are available:
- For small leakage air flow: 0.01 – 0.15 l/min (test range I)
- For higher leakage air flow: 0.15 – 1.5 l/min (test range II)
- The feed in to reach the predetermined test pressure as well as holding the test pressure constant is done by means of a hand pump
- Enclosed to each portable seal testing device:
- Certificates of calibration of the measuring devices
- Hand pump
- Connecting hose with 4 mm inner diameter and coupling nipples on both sides
- Fast acting coupling
The portable leak testing device type LTD is for testing of the permissible leakage air flow e. g. according to DIN 25 496 “HVAC components in nuclear facilities” or KTA 3601 “HVAC systems in nuclear power plants” for:
- The tight seat of filter elements
- The tight seat of damper blades
- The tightness of housings
in a measuring range from 0.01 to 1.5 l/min up to a theoretical test pressure of 5 000 Pa. The measuring devices integrated in the housing will be calibrated before assembly.